Building Maintenance Multi Trade Repair and Refurbishment inc. Health and Safety + CSCS (10 Days)
A course pass will secure you EDEXCEL accredited units of training at Level 1 & obtain a CSCS card
Short Course Training in Basic Construction Skills for Maintenance Operations, Health and Safety (Level 1) and CSCS
Maintenance operatives mainly carry out general repairs on a variety of buildings including offices, homes, social housing and general buildings.
The skill sets required for this role can include carpentry, plumbing, decorating, plastering and tiling.
To prepare you for work we are also offering complete CSCS training and Health and Safety in the Workplace.
CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry. CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification. Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card. Ixion, is offering fully funded 10 day courses running over a period of two weeks (full-time) at a centre near you.
The course will result in EDEXCEL accredited training in the following units:
- CSCS card
Accredited Units at Level 1 (L1)
- Installing Basic Plumbing in the Workplace (L1)
- Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces in the Workplace (L1)
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace (L1)
With the following areas being covered in the above units;
- Remove and install kitchen and/or bathroom and/or bedroom appliances from the isolation point only in compliance with current regulations and contractor’s working instructions;
- Sinks, basins, baths, wc’s, bidets, taps, waste services, waste disposal, shower trays and shower valves, laundry appliances and dishwashers
- Prepare brick, stone and/or block backgrounds to receive solid and/or fibrous plaster to contractor’s working instructions:
- Removing loose or semi-loose material, removing obstructions safely
- Apply finishing plasters to vertical and horizontal surfaces in new situations:
- Mix plasters, prepare backgrounds, work at height, use hand tools and equipment
We’ll provide qualified trainers, personal protective equipment, refreshments and lunch together with the expertise and insights required to move you towards a career in the construction industry.
* Unemployed aged 18-24
* Unemployed aged 25+ and have been unemployed for over 6 months (including Work Programme returners)
* Living in one of the following London Boroughs: London Central (Southwark, Camden, Lambeth, Lewisham, Wandsworth, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster) London North and East (Hackney, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Enfield, Greenwich, Islington, Redbridge, Newham) : See postcode checker below
* UK Resident & right to work in the UK
Call Centre: 01245 254875 | Email: email@example.com